Today my 2014 Kenzie Car Calendar arrived in the mail. I have got a Kenzie Car Calendar almost every of the nine years years that Jim Kenzie has sold these calendars. I have known Jim for years, as we first met while competing in Targa Newfoundland, where Jim is a three-time Open Division champion.
Jim Kenzie is Canada’s foremost automotive journalist. He is Chief Auto Reviewer for the Toronto Star’s Wheels section which for 30 years has been a leading Canadian automotive publication. Jim is also on television on TSN’s Motoring – Canada’s most-watched automotive program. As a result of his day jobs, Jim has the opportunity to drive some very interesting cars all over the world.
The Kenzie Car Calendar is based on photographs that Jim has taken during the last year while testing cars. The cars and locations on this year’s calendar are as follows:
- McLaren 12C Spider, Casares, Spain
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Roadster, Miami Florida
- Porsche 911 Turbo, Paderborn, Germany
- Mazda3 GT, Toronto Ontario
- MINI GP, Halton Hills Ontario
- Audi R8 V10, Frenchman’s Bay Ontario
- BMW 435i, Estoril Portugal
- SRT Viper, Lake Berryessa California
- Maserati Ghibli, Bagnaia Tuscany Italy
- Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse, Orangeville Ontario
- Infiniti Q50, Toronto Ontario
- Tesla S, Halton Hills Ontario
Thumbnails of the photos of these cars are shown below.
Images During The Year On The Kenzie Car Calendar
These calendars are available from Jim for a price of $14.95 at Jim’s website at www.jimkenzie.com The best thing about the Kenzie Car Calendar is that half of the net proceeds will be donated to Parachute, which is a group dedicated to the safety of teenagers. Parachute wants to bring attention to the issue of preventable accidents and injuries – therefore the money is going to a great cause.
It is interesting to note that despite having the opportunity to drive these very exotic cars, Jim keeps a 1977 American Motors Hornet hatchback in his barn in Halton Hills, Ontario.